Xerox 700 Error Fault Codes

sidneykidney

Does anybody have/know of a PDF file which contains ALL Error Fault Codes for the Xerox 700. The Xerox 700 User Guide mentions some of them but then, there are huge gaps between Error Code Number which seem to be missing

You can try asking your tech for a copy, but I doubt they would be willing to hand it over. One reason being that they don't want the Printer/anybody other than a tech to go in and clear/fix fault codes (for warranty purposes I would assume).

I've been using Xerox Digital Presses machines since 2003 and know the 2045 and 5252 inside out. I'm now getting to know the Xerox 700 but have had so few problems, that I'm wondering what can possibly go wrong with it. The only way I will know is when a problem occurs, which is typically in the middle of an urgent deadline. I had my first error in 4 months yesterday and couldn't find the error code. Luckily, all that has happened was that the lead had made itself loose from the Xerox. But it's answers to these error codes which would have told me something in the lines of 'no power going to feeder'.

I've been using Xerox Digital Presses machines since 2003 and know the 2045 and 5252 inside out. I'm now getting to know the Xerox 700 but have had so few problems, that I'm wondering what can possibly go wrong with it. The only way I will know is when a problem occurs, which is typically in the middle of an urgent deadline. I had my first error in 4 months yesterday and couldn't find the error code. Luckily, all that has happened was that the lead had made itself loose from the Xerox. But it's answers to these error codes which would have told me something in the lines of 'no power going to feeder'.

When you place a service call with Xerox they will ask you what the fault code is and let you know what you can do from there. At least that's how it is with our 700...

In general
Any 07-xx code is Paper Suppy (feeder)
08-xx code is paper transportation through the IOT
10-xx codes are fuser related
12-xx codes are finishing
16-xx codes are DFE related

anything else and there is probably little you can do about it.
You could ask the question from you Engineer depending on your relationship with them.
HTH

Cheers

go to www.xerox.com/support ... look for the Xerox 700 and then Fault Code Search.

It's not a full database of error codes as what the techs have, but it has many of the common ones that can be resolved easily.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back