Xerox: 700 Upgrade to 700i

Shawnd

Looking at upgrading our 700 to the 700i, our dealer is saying we have to get a whole new machine but I thought I remember someone on here getting their current machine upgraded since it is only software and a new server. How much did it cost for your upgrade?

Thanks!

We purchased a new 700 in January. It was upgraded to 700i a few weeks later. We had the latest firmware/software installed on the new 700 but then all that software was upgraded again for 700i. There was no hardware upgrade from 700 to 700i.

The early Freeflow RIPs can't be upgraded. If your RIP has a curved front door, then it's an old one. If it's got a flat front, then there's no reason why it can't be upgraded.

Please be aware that the print engine of an early Xerox 700 is also different as of a new one.
Also the Fiery Rip can only be used if it is a Windows XP Pro system (Windows XP for embedded systems is not upgradable)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back