Xerox 7400 residual black toner

graficworx

I'm not sure if my subject accurately describes what I'm experiencig, but what is happening is that whenever we print from our Phaser 7400 we get what equates to a very fine black toner layer. It looks like you had the whole page at a 1-2% black fill. It's noticble on smooth white paper, but very noticble on glossy. The whole page will look dirty. I'm not sure if it's the drum pre-maturely going bad or what. I can get a drum and try it, but I was wondering if anyone had seen anything similar on the Okis?

Thanks!

I think the reason is some color conversation after you submit jobs and before machine prints.
For exemple, may be in printer's driver there is some "auto|office|some color" option enable?
Try print directly, without any color conversation.

Backgrounding - OKI's are well known for this. We have an OKI c9650 and we get this problem, especially with glossy stock. It is made worse if you dont use genuine oki supplies I am told, although it does still happen to some extent. We have found the only way to deal with this is to change the drum. New drum, problem instantly goes away. However our OKI is on a service contract, so it does not cost us to replace the drums.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back