Xerox Colour 1000

printer in heart

Hello, I'm new here. Does anyone have any information on the newest xerox colour digital press 1000. It looks similar to Igen but it's not the same. I want to upgrade my present 6060 printer and debating what is better Xerox 1000, Xerox 700 or 8000AP or Canon 7000VP. If anyone has any information, please post it here. I always used Xerox in the past, How is Canon service these days? thanks

Xerox 1000

Xerox 1000

Hi Printer in Heart.

The C1000P is a very capable machine. I guess it would be based on your volume and the type of work you will be producing.
Make sure you get it from Xerox Direct and not a local dealer.

Hope this Helps....

Jeremy

Hey, I get my 1000 tomorrow hopefully up and running in a day or 2. I can tell you the quality is better than the 8000AP (as I have one) the cannon I don't know too much about. I found that we would constantly have oil marks/streaks especially running on coated stocks on the 8000AP, the 1000 doesn't use oil so this problem will be eliminated. Also, the duty cycle is only around 24,000 on the 8000AP and you really notice this when running all day every day, we constantly have engineers in sorting out various issues/problems.
I have seen some impressive material run on the 1000 using the clear toner which for me makes it stand out from the rest.

Last edited:
Hey, I get my 1000 tomorrow hopefully up and running in a day or 2. I can tell you the quality is better than the 8000AP (as I have one) the cannon I don't know too much about. I found that we would constantly have oil marks/streaks especially running on coated stocks on the 8000AP, the 1000 doesn't use oil so this problem will be eliminated. Also, the duty cycle is only around 24,000 on the 8000AP and you really notice this when running all day every day, we constantly have engineers in sorting out various issues/problems.
I have seen some impressive material run on the 1000 using the clear toner which for me makes it stand out from the rest.

Hello, Did you get yuor 1000, Do you like it, did you find any problems? Do you charge extra for clear toner and do customers want to pay for clear toner. Thanks

Well.... I have my 1000.... unfortunately it is still in it's wrapper.. Xerox told me it will be in on the 18th, what they didn't tell was that an engineer won't be in for a couple of days to install it...
On the Clear toner side, we will be charging for the this as an extra.

Engineer turned up and it is all unwrapped. I now know why it is called the "1000" .. It's because thats how many different pieces there are to put together... it's starting to look like a printer. on day 2.

Well, the machine is all together now… and has a pretty green light on the top of it.
The machine does look quite impressive I must say and the RIP is very fast. 9 processors, adobe will use six of them at the same time, dual something or other, got bored at this point……. Just let me print something ….. anything…..
day 5

Well, the machine is all together now… and has a pretty green light on the top of it.
The machine does look quite impressive I must say and the RIP is very fast. 9 processors, adobe will use six of them at the same time, dual something or other, got bored at this point……. Just let me print something ….. anything…..
day 5

Which printer server ("RIP") did you get with your machine?

Is it all up and running?

Yeah we have been running non-stop since last Friday. 1 of our trays is broken so we only have been able to use 3 but I don't have time for them to take down the machine to fix it yet.

We have the FreeFlow server and it has 24 gigs of ram. Just eats files up.

OH NO! ..... engineer has arrived with a big box???? They are replacing something???
Day 6
Oh yeah, we are running FreeFlow on our whole print platform

It's all go, the RIP on the 1000 is 5 x faster than the 8000AP, we had a race.....
Quality is so much better, not as washed out on solids as the 8000. now starting to play with the clear toner. I understand in a month or two there will be a setting on the printer to do a flood seal with out having to set it up in the document. Not sure if you guys have this MOD already.

The flood seal you speak of is currently available on the Fiery RIP I believe - they are working on doing it for the free flow.

We have put together some marketing material and re-did all of our business cards using the clear - we were able to do some cool designs. I will say it will take some playing to figure out what backgrounds support the clear. We have done some spot clear on images or certain center peices of artwork and it is undetectable. So designing for clear you need to be really aware of how it is going to print.

Really interested to hear how you're both getting on with the 1000 after a few days running?

Cheers
Josh

------
Online Printing

Hi
The 1000 was running really well! RIP's really fast, prints at rated speed - so far printer has not caught up with processing which is always a good thing. quality really good. We are doing some testing on stock types at the moment, have printed on 45gsm and upto 400gsm both on duplex. Specs say 60gsm - 350gsm (will be pushing a little further to see how low and how high we can go) Did you notice the "was running really well" at the beginning of this, we now have a "sub system fault" not sure what this is. We are starting to play with the clear toner now and running stocks through twice for textured papers. so will keep you informed. If any one has idea's on how we can further push the limits of this machine all comments welcomed. Or if anyone has any pitfulls same applies.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back