Xerox Colour 1000i - Gold, Silver and Clear

joshlindsay

Being installed today is our Xerox Colour 1000i with Gold initially.
The launch event was last night and they had some pretty impressive samples along with a press wrapped in gold.

Upon speaking with technicians it looks like we might be trained up to make the switch between Gold, Silver and Clear along with any other colours they plan on releasing.
Apparently it's a 30 minute change over which is excellent.
Not quite as good as using the 6th station but pretty good.

Anyone else ordered one?

Hi Josh,

I have been told something similar from Sales Reps, but when I mentioned the change between developer housings to Techs they pretty much told me they have no idea how that would work. Can you give me some information on how one station can separately house the three different colors? I understand the idea is to take out one dev. housing and replace it with another. And then what about the drop tubes? How do the stations prevent from the toner being contaminated from one another? Also, is there a reason why the 6th station wasn't utilized?

I appreciate any information you can give!

Hi Josh,

I have been told something similar from Sales Reps, but when I mentioned the change between developer housings to Techs they pretty much told me they have no idea how that would work. Can you give me some information on how one station can separately house the three different colors? I understand the idea is to take out one dev. housing and replace it with another. And then what about the drop tubes? How do the stations prevent from the toner being contaminated from one another? Also, is there a reason why the 6th station wasn't utilized?

I appreciate any information you can give!

Hi Fletcher,

I've been told we've just got to change the dev housing and toner cartridge then run a tool on the PC UI which will update NVM's.
Not sure about the drop tubes but 2 technicians today said the change would be very simple. Here's hoping!

Install was nearly completed today but we've got an issue with the Fiery EX1000i not seeing the gold and reporting a dry ink match error.
Hopefully get that sorted on Monday morning.

Are you installing a 1000i?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back