Xerox CWS Impose to ready for press

F.I.ImGoingFishing

We run a Docutech 240 though a stand alone computer using Comand Work st6ation with a pistop plug-in and Impose.
My question is, Would the PDF files created through this be concidered a press ready PDF?

I ask because we have fairly good sucsess with this system when working from client publisher, powerpoint and Excel files along with SOME word files provided the creator had a good bit of skill with the program.
We were hoping that we may be able to use this for files that would be sent to vendors that do our offset work thereby keeping the file prep charges inhouse.

If not can anyone recomend something better that could be used by those with limited standard pre-press progam skills?

Yes, it is possible.

Yes, it is possible.

Just make sure that your job options reflect what you are trying to create for your press room. Then configure the Color Settings page in ColorWise to reflect the press chosen in your job.options file.

To do this, create or use the high quality - press setting for the PDF Job Option within Distiller. Now go into the CWS and go to file, preferences... there is an option for distiller there. Make sure it is set to the same distiller option that you would like to use to create the PDFs for press. By default it will be set to FieryOptimized. That's not a bad choice, but you can do better configuring your own job options file.

Once you've imposed, you can save the PDF and send it to plates.

Much luck!

We actually recommend something easy which will help

We actually recommend something easy which will help

Try Absolutely Imposing. At 595$ on special, it is a lot easier and well help you to produce more jobs on the fly.

You can download a FREE trial on our Web site:
DEMO Request Form

If we can help, let us know.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics Inc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back