Xerox DC242 vs Xerox WCP 7655 which is the difference?

rick_cri

Hi, please i need to now which is the real differences between Xerox DC242 and Xerox WCP 7655, why their price is diferent if both have fiery internal controller?

We have both a 250 and 7655. The print engine is identical. I've found the software on the 7655 to be a bit less user friendly as far as copy jobs

I should also mention that while the 7655 might have the same print engine it lacks quite a bit if you are interested in calibrating for color. The print driver gives you next to nothing as far as adding additional profiles and spot colors. We've had issues with transparency on it due to this problem that we don't have on the 250. It really depends on how you are planning on using the equipment. We use the 250 for most work and the 7655 as a backup for color copies off the glass etc.

The difference is the Network Controller, the computer box you see attached in the back.

The WorkCentre 7655 has a Xerox office color network controller. You just File > Print, and something comes out.

The DocuColor 242 has a production color network controller (Fiery, CREO, FreeFlow, Splash). You have many different tools for color management, job management, etc.

Both are the same print engine, but the controller makes a difference on how the job comes out. Try printing the same file on both, and you'll notice a big difference in line arts, shadows, midtones, small text, Pantone colors, gradiation, screening, etc, etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back