Xerox docucolor 240 Spolling problem

Mattweb

Hi.

Just yesterday printer stoped to respond on any computer on Local area network, but copys and scans ok.

Just doesnt spoll the files, but two days ago it spooled great!
Thinking what could be the problem?

Matt.

First, make sure something didn't happen to your connection to the network. Does it show on the network, or can you see it from your computers? If not, check your cables.

If you can see it, try shutting down the machine and restarting the RIP and the 242. (I'm assuming you have the bundled RIP).

If that doesn't cure it, might be time to call service.

First, make sure something didn't happen to your connection to the network. Does it show on the network, or can you see it from your computers? If not, check your cables.

If you can see it, try shutting down the machine and restarting the RIP and the 242. (I'm assuming you have the bundled RIP).

If that doesn't cure it, might be time to call service.

Thank you for replay.
After 2 houres, i checked and changed wires, but then i started to print errors no errors or what so ever.

Then i checked, the command center and it showed me lots of jobs are on hold dont know why. then i deleted them and reinstalled drivers and everything now seems ok.
Only when i spool files around 2.5 gb the printer just pases them out. doesnt print them. Maybe due the EFI there is 256 mb ram and 40 gb hdd.

It's been a while since I had a 240 series Xerox and I don't remember how big my spool files were anymore. 2.5 GB sounds huge, I could see why the RIP could take a long time to process them.

If this is a common size of your files, you could approach Xerox about an upgrade to the memory of the EFI RIP, that would help move things along.

It's been a while since I had a 240 series Xerox and I don't remember how big my spool files were anymore. 2.5 GB sounds huge, I could see why the RIP could take a long time to process them.

If this is a common size of your files, you could approach Xerox about an upgrade to the memory of the EFI RIP, that would help move things along.

Thank you!
Yes it was big file 24 pages of 50 photos.

The EFI has 150 free ram and only 10 gb left of HDD.
So it is quite historical :)

But i split big files now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back