Xerox J75 Printing on pre-printed stock

ek339

We are considering purchasing a Xerox J75 however most of what we are intending to use it for is overprinting preprinted sheets.

The paper with be litho printed so will have spray powder all over it.
We have been told this will not be a problem but has anyone had any experience on this machine of any issues with printing on pre printed litho printed stock covered in spray powder?
Thanks
:confused:

I have a xerox 700 which is similar .. the one thing I would be worried about is how hot it would get passing through the machine. I am guessing your fuser will get pretty dirty quick even if it does work. I would get the Xerox salesman to test a sheet for you because I would never (from experience) trust what Xerox sales claim on word alone :) I do overprinting with a Epson b500 .. the ink is cheap and it does not get hot. They only downfall is you are limited to 11x17.

I have a J75 and have not tried using preprinted stock. I have the same inclination as CB, to believe it would make the fuser quite dirty. Have your Xerox salesman run 500 sheets of your example stock and then run 100 sheets on a larger sheet size with no imprint, just blank going through the machine.

We overprint a lot but do not try it with sheets having powder on them. We have tried but usually the problem in feeding, the powder makes rollers too slick to pull consistently. We have IR dryers on our offset machines and running small lifts with sheet seperators works well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back