Xerox new-refurbished supplies

Possumgal

Just wanted to warn people. We changed a drum in our Xerox, copy came out worse, then we found the "new" part had lines all over the drum. Found out that it was a "refurbished" drum. We thought we were getting new parts all the time - we're on a click charge. If you have problems, you may want to double check your "new" replacement parts. I don't think they'll tell you unless you ask if it's really new or not.

I think this is a new deal - all of a sudden they want us to send the old parts back, when we couldn't get anyone to take them back before.

The machines are done that way as well. If you get a machine that is 1 year are more old. Check the T&Cs and you will see most machines are "Newly Manufactuered".

The consumables being remanufactured is nothing new, they have been doing it for years. Generally there is nothing wrong with it, but with everything else that comes out of a factory sometimes things get screwed up. Even if you weren't on a click charge you would get the same reman drum, they don't just send them to click users. If you look on the box it should say something like contains both new and factory refurbished parts.

I'll have to look at the box, but nobody noticed anything about refurbished. Somebody at Xerox told our CSR on the phone about the refurb.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back