Xerox Versant 2100 full coverage tints vs. J75

rainman23

We currently run a J75 and have been very impressed with the quality and reliability. 1.2 million clicks in 11 months. I am aiming to add to our print room (currently J75, D110, 700) with either a second J75 or the new Versant 2100. My main reasons for the Versant would be true 350gsm capability and also the new fuser system. Do it's give much smoother tints and gradients? We often run full coverage SRA3 sheets with greyscale and cmyk grey on the whole sheets. Do you get any banding? I am hoping the answer is no with the new belt fuser? Any other +/- comments for the Versant over the J75 would be welcomed.

It does a little better than the C75/J75, but it's still not perfect. We were flooding a sheet with a tan color, and it just had a slight pattern visible, the average person would never notice, but artists/printers would.

Technically, the banding on the 2100 should be virtually non-existent. It's got 1200 x 1200 x 10-bit rendering. Without boring you with the technical details of what that means, most digital printers on the market today will give you 256 different variations ("shades") of the same color. The 2100 will give you 1,024 shades of that same color.

-Best

MailGuru

Last edited:
Technically, the banding on the 2100 should be virtually non-existent. It's got 1200 x 1200 x 10-bit rendering. Without boring you with the technical details of what that means, most digital printers on the market today will give you 256 different variations ("shades") of the same color. The 2100 will give you 1,024 shades of that same color.

I read Rainman's comments as more of a question regarding banding due to mechanical reasons which most digital machines suffer from to some extent. (I.E. roller or fuser banding)

The banding I am referring to is a limitation of the process. In graduations it looks great.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back