Xerox Versant 2100 Hi Cap Stacker fault 049-225 / Door stuck

tommi

I'm running a one year old Versant 2100 and now I can't print anything.
Apparently there's dust on one of stackers sensors because that fixed the issue last time but problem is the stacker door will not open. The dolly is down and the button which lowers the dolly and unlocks the door doesn't do anything. Is there a way to force open the door so I could blow some air on the sensors to see it that solves it?

All or our Xerox stackers are a mess and have constant problems like this as well as dropping early. Try turning the machine off, then unplug the power from the stacker for a couple minutes. Plug back in and turn the machine on and see if it fixes it.
If that doesn't work you can grab the bottom right corner of the door and pull hard and will pop open. That's what my tech does.
We've found a lot of the door locking issues to be if the door doesn't have the top latch and bottom sensor close at the same time. We now make sure we are closing the top and the bottom part of the door with 2 hands very gently and avoid the problems most of the time. Bottom line is the Xerox stackers are a POS. Between our 2 versants and 2 d-series machines, we have 5 stackers. They all have the same problems.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back