xerox wide format?

wonderings

Anyone using the wide format printers from xerox? We are currently looking at upgrading our DC260 and when it comes to negotiating we sometimes look at other machines to get a good reduced price. Currently we have an Epson 10600 ultra chrome using the epson inks for it. Does colour compare to an Epson? Or would a xerox wide format trade off print quality for speed?

Wow, Sir, I am not sure that your question makes any sense...
Xerox DC260 is toner based color copier/printer that can print up to 13x19 and you say that now you have Epson 10600 which is 44" wide inkjet printer. Yes, Toner based 4 color printer will trade off quality compared to well maintained 6-8 colors inkjet, sure because you can mill the toner particle by only so much and it will always be bigger than molecule of liquid ink but how in the heaven do you compare or replace one with another - it is two totally different segments of industry and two pieces of equipment with totally different purpose.

Wow, Sir, I am not sure that your question makes any sense...
Xerox DC260 is toner based color copier/printer that can print up to 13x19 and you say that now you have Epson 10600 which is 44" wide inkjet printer. Yes, Toner based 4 color printer will trade off quality compared to well maintained 6-8 colors inkjet, sure because you can mill the toner particle by only so much and it will always be bigger than molecule of liquid ink but how in the heaven do you compare or replace one with another - it is two totally different segments of industry and two pieces of equipment with totally different purpose.

Sorry, I was not clear. We are looking at upgrading our DC260 with a J75, part of the negotiating process we look at what prices on other machines or what we can get thrown in, i.e. xerox wide format printer.

Oh, well, Xerox Officially is getting out of wide format... They used to sell rebadged MUTOH, Xerox 8654E which is Mutoh ValueJet1614 and later Xerox 8265 which is MUTOH SpiTFIRE Extreme 3
I know because we just sold 8264E which was practically new and still have a 8265 that we're prepping for sale ( I am Printer and Equipment Dealer) Those were like $20K+ printers so and not likely would be / could be just thrown in the deal of $65K or so. Besides there are ECO-SOLVENT Outdoor printers and I'd out that they would beat your epson in quality as it is hard to beat.

I was not really expecting it to match the quality of our Epson, but wanted to know how it compared. Are they miles apart in quality? Not always expecting free, but reduced prices when buying multiple machines.

They are really different, not in terms that Xerox/Mutoh is bad it is Epson that is really really good. Yes, I like Epsons but for a reason.

Hello Wonderings, UnlimitedBT -

My name is Bill Michael and I manage the social media presence for Xerox in the Production Print space. In the spirit of information-sharing, I just wanted to pass along some information on the latest Xerox Wide Format product, the IJP 2000, which launched in February of last year.

Product Webpage: Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000: High-Quality, Amazingly Fast Output
Short Overview Video (about 4 minutes in length): Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000 Overview - YouTube
Long Overview Video (about 11 minutes in length) Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000 - YouTube

Xerox is very much dedicated to Wide Format, and see's tremendous opportunities for growth in this space. In a blog post from December 2013, Jeff Jacobson (who at the time was President of Global Graphic Communications Operations...he is now COO of Xerox Technology) cited Wide Format as one of his top-5 ways print service providers could look to thrive in 2014, stating that it is one of the fastest growing segments of the graphic communication market. Here's the full link to the blog: 5 Ways Print Service Providers can Thrive in 2014 | Digital Printing Hot Spot

I hope you don't mind me jumping in - I just wanted to ensure that you and others were aware of Xerox's commitment to this space and our most recent Wide Format offering.

Hi Bill, I saw this thing and was a little confused as a man of a "Xerox company" told me that Xerx is getting out of a wide format... It is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) that xerox is getting out of rebadging printers made by different manufacturers (I think B/W BluePrint copiers printers were actualy Xeroxe's own or Fuji') but all inkjets are Mutohs - outdoor/eco solvent and Kodak's - indoor dye ink.
So besides the one you mentioned which is quiet interesting concept - array of memjets, but let me ask you few questions please as having just 1 printer in portfolio for giant like a Xerox isn't exactly something called market presence, as chineese never heard of start-ups with names average person can't even pronounce having more to offer first time you hear about them...
So Is there more to it?
Will there be a 65" wide and up model?
What is the cost of printhead, should that be needed to be replaced?
Any chance this is an outdoor capable printer as any solvent/eco-solvent/UV curable or Latex printers are?
Thank you.

UnlimitedBT - I may not have all the answers to your questions, but am happy to share with you what I know. At this time, only a 42" configuration is available, however, Xerox is continually exploring market opportunities across the whole range of graphic communication segments, including wide format. We continue to look at the needs of our customers when assessing future offerings. In terms of the print heads, the average life is 3.0 liters of ink. Also, the IJP 2000 is an aqueous-based printer, so it is best suited for indoor signage.

Hope that information helps you!

Bill

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back