Xitron Navigator with Fuji Luxel T6000

We are planning to buy the Fuji Luxel T6000 (identical to Screen PT/R 4000) and run it with the Xitron Navigator. The Imagesetter comes with a F-PIF board.
My local supplier gave me two options, one is to use the TIFF-out plugin and send the TIFF data directly, other is buying some extra USB interface. He can't promise whether without the additional interface the communication between the RIP and CtP is possible.
Can I save the additional investment for hardware and risk ordering the RIP without interface? Are there any additional drivers needed and how to get them?

Thanks for any helpful advice,
Steffen

We are planning to buy the Fuji Luxel T6000 (identical to Screen PT/R 4000) and run it with the Xitron Navigator. The Imagesetter comes with a F-PIF board.
My local supplier gave me two options, one is to use the TIFF-out plugin and send the TIFF data directly, other is buying some extra USB interface. He can't promise whether without the additional interface the communication between the RIP and CtP is possible.
Can I save the additional investment for hardware and risk ordering the RIP without interface? Are there any additional drivers needed and how to get them?

Thanks for any helpful advice,
Steffen

You can try to contact some RIP provider such as Compose, Xitron or Fuji to run Fuji CelebraNT?
Good luck

Harlequin based solution:
Screen RIP Software Workflow for Screen DT-R, MT-R, PT-R, DTR, MTR, PTR HQ PlateRite CTP

First of all in order to be able to output a TIFF (the route without using an interface card and cable) you would need to have a TIFF catcher on the PTR which would accept the TIFF file. TIFF RIPs and Workflows have been around a long time and will work. With the PTR 4000, sometimes it is better to get a standard RIP with the card and cable so that you can connect directly to the device and control magazines (plate sizes, etc.). This way your RIP can be setup for each magazine indepently. The TIFF catcher can do this but that machine would need to have the TIFF software and hardware in order to accept and output the TIFF on the platesetter. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, sounds convincing. Even though we want to use process free with manual loading you never know about additional hardware so I now think its the best option with the card.
I keep reading about a class A/B output driver (I think it comes when you want to buy the celebrant rip). These additional drivers are not necessary when using the interface card?

I am not familiar with a Class A or Class B output driver. If you purchase a new RTI Harlequin RIP or Xitron Harlequin RIP with the interface card you would be able to drive the device directly and all necessary plugins/drivers for the interface card are included with the software package.

Part of the interface card package is the card, the cable which connects to the device and the plugin. Perhaps someone else in the forum can answer what the Class A or Class B is for, but as I mentioned with the card and cable packages you would be receiving everything you need to get output on the PTR. It is a complete package with both hardware and software. The TIFF RIP Software from Harlequin outputs just TIFF files and is great for someone that just wants to output TIFF files, but if you want to control the device then you would need a kit with the interface card and cable. Simple enough to install yourself. With the PTR devices you have to setup the magazines on the device itself, then once you have done that the RIP then picks up those magazines and you can create page setups for each of the magazines and each press you will be running to.

Class A/B drivers ... this sound confusing. What Rip will drive your imagesetter? CelebraNT or Xitron?

Class A/B drivers ... this sound confusing. What Rip will drive your imagesetter? CelebraNT or Xitron?

I want to use the Xitron since I think its by far better distributed. For the CelebraNT I read about output drivers which are required. Theres class A and class B driver, no idea whats the difference so I am also confused.
The question is whether for driving the Luxel with HQ with the TIFF out such driver is required, perhaps for recognizing the PIF board? If thats the case connecting with the Xitron USB box really seems to be the best option.

You will get an interface card with Navigator. For this interface card, you will need a driver, provided by Xitron. Otherwise, your rip will not communicate with your imagesetter.

TIFF output is a RIP option/output device.

With some of the Harlequin RIPs (RTI, Xitron, etc.) you will get the TIFF output option included with the RIP. It depends on what plugins are included with the RIP. A lot of the Harlequin RIPs include TIFF output which is very handy in case you add a second platesetter down the road or decide to sell the platesetter and get something else that would accept TIFF.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back