XMPie users?

stargate

What kind of a product do I need to create variable images for use in Indesign (eg. baseball cap with different names)? Does XMPie has a plug in for Photoshop or illustrator? Where should I start?

Stargate,

I am not an XM Pie user, but I talked to their people at the PODi AppForum last week. They have a plugin for Photoshop. When I am back in teh office next week, I can look at the collateral I collected from them and let you know the name of the plugin. It will let you format the imae based font you want to use on the baseball caps.

Thank you for the responses. I did a little digging and downloaded their demo. Does anyone knows if you can attach two actions to the same image? Eg. picture of baseball hat, where name of the player will change and logo will change also. Logo depends on the baseball team name? (if name is Jeter logo will change to Yankee, if name is Schilling logo will change to Red Sox?)

Stargate,

That I do not know.

My Program will change images based on team name, or any other data you may have...

So Team = Yankees > dis-play Yankee hat.. Team = Orioles > Display Orioles hat...

Do you have some sports teams as customers? I can share with you some case studies that have worked for sprots teams we have done business with.

Mark

We use the server version of XMPie and have been very pleased. We have also done over 700 hours in the last three months of custom programming around Uproduce to meet our clients needs. Feel free to PM me your contact info and we can have a discussion that would be too cumbersome over the forum.

Reese

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back