#10 Readiseal Window Envelopes Damage

87cyan

I'm new to the biz, so got a lot to learn. I just printed 500 pieces #10 Readiseal window envelopes and had around 75 of them tear, just at the bottom of the window. I'm printing on a one color Ryobi 2700 and it was a two color job, so the damage was over two runs. Is this acceptable spoilage, feels high to me.

Any thoughts or input would be very appreciated.

Hmm, six days and no suggestions. Am I the only printer on printplanet that uses this machine, I sure hope not.

Hello 87cyan,

I have many years as a technician and if the window it could be from something catching it as it feeds through the press; perhaps the feeler finger that senses the paper and initiates the impression cylinder. If that seems to be it you could resolve it by moving the stack, positioning the envelopes so that the finger would miss the window. Or perhaps the star wheel in the chain delivery is the culprit; then move or remove the star wheel. I would recommend that you turn on the vacuum, lift the feed lever and turn the hand-wheel carefully watch as you feed a sheet. Observe everything that happens. You should be able to find the cause. Good luck.

tomtech

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response, we will try your suggestions and will let you know how it worked. Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back