9800 error code question

Hi,
One of our 9800's is displaying an error referencing a "non-genuine ink cartridge" being used. We only use OEM, and verified the code problem by installing a known good cartridge from our other machine.

Anyone experience this issue and discover a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Probably that cartridge/color slot has bad contact at SmartChip Reader.
May be a cleaning of pins at Reader will help you.

Last edited:
yea, thanks. I tried to get in there with distilled water then alcohol, but my probe wasn't long enough. I'm going to try again today.

Thanks for the help.

You might try using a cotton swab with alcohol to clean the contacts, they have a decent reach, and if not you can get the longer versions one sided at your drug store which have long wood handles.

We did that, then called Epson service.

The cables that mate to the sensors for the cartridges had come unseated. We all agreed that to take the panels off and start messing around in the guts of the machine posed a greater risk than the $275.00 it cost us for the service call.

Thank for the help, and maybe this will be a resource for others down the road.

Paul

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back