a CS5 bugg and how to work around it

Lukas Engqvist

Had a customer that had a small caps font "suddenly" loose its caps appearance. The key to finding the issue was the suddenly. Apparently InDesign was not capable of generating small caps when the font in question was in "document fonts" folder. Installing the font in the system, and removing the font from the "document fonts" restored the small caps. Only installing the font did not help. I will report this bug. Don't know if others have experienced similar issues.

Seems to be fixed with some fonts but not all. Just as a quick test tried Minion and it works as it should. Then tried a truetype font, "Hoefler Text", and the bug is still there.
A great technology but a few glitches to fix ;)

I ran into this problem twice today. Only one of the jobs I was working on used fonts from a folder titled "Document Fonts". More puzzling for me is the other job worked fine yesterday, but today wouldn't work. I moved the InDesign document to my desktop, and it worked fine.

Jim

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back