AB Dick 360 Scumming

My AB Dick just started scumming, and I can't get it to stop. I have tried cleaning rollers, and new fountain solution, but I get scumming on the upper right corner (about 1 inch from the side) after about 13 impressions no matter what I do. When I look at the plate, it is not as damp where the scumming is as the rest of the plate. I have been printing for about 9 months, and this is the first time this has happened. I have very little training, so would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance.

First check all your roller settings in the press, pay extra attention to the ink form rollers to the plate and the dampener rollers. Check your operator manual for the correct roller stripe specs.

Try spraying a little mixed fountain solution on this area of the plate while printing. If it clears up immediately, you have something interfering with the application of fountain solution to the plate. If it does not clean up immediately, you may have a plate problem.....

Any idea where i could get an operator manual so that I can get the correct roller stripe specs? When I do my strip testing, I'm getting a pretty consistent strip across the plate, but it could be too thick or to thin I don't know? Any help is greatly appreciated.

These presses may have a variety of dampening systems on them, how would you identify the system on your press? I would first look for something scraping the plate, like a sheet of paper lodged somewhere it shouldn't be. If the rollers look to be evenly covered with uniform looking ink, I would stripe the form rollers to the plate and go on from there.

The dampening system is a rubber roller that drops into the fountain solution and contacts a chrome roller (we use an alcohol and fountain solution mixture). I hope that helps you, I don't have a name on this. I think the problem is with the adjustment of this because if I lift this manually with a screw driver the scumming clears up. My problem is I don't know how to adjust the dampening system.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back