AB Dick PrintersRIP DPM34HSC problem

CathieHarris

Hi all. Just to let you know, I was CathieH, but she no longer exists as I lost my job and am now at a little printshop. So those who knew me as CathieH, now you can send me messages to CathieHarris.

Anyhoo, I'm running poly plates through an AB Dick PrintersRIP DPM34HSC. I have a certain driver that I've been using with no problems. However, we had a power outage last Friday and everything went kablooey. My driver (named QMSMono) will no longer receive my files into the Active Queue. The computer can print through any other drivers to any other printers, but not this one. So I'm using one called RyobiMono, but the plates are 1/4" shorter making it difficult for the pressman.

Does anyone know a way that I can either get my old QMSMono to work or make the plates longer on the RyobiMono through PrintersRIP?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Cathie

Yes and they want to charge $87.50 for per 1/2 hour help over the phone. We're a small shop and can't afford that. However, I was able to take the driver I can use and make the plates longer so the pressman can use them. So, it's turned out to be the inevitable workaround. Thanks though.

DPMS are funny with power outages and brown outs.

THe first thing I would do is stop the channels (Red stop button) then check to see if any of the inputs are disabled. If not press the green button. Often that's all it takes.

Ray
Also I'm not in front of my RIP and it's an NT version but, yes you can change the length of the plate and gripper position on individual jobs at the RIP

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back