anyone Ever Run magnecote

printerpete

Has anyone ever run Magnecote through their press, looking for info on how it works but none of the reps we deal with seem to know much about it, and cant seem to find the info i want on the net.

I just want to know how you can run a Magnet through your press with all the heavy metal?

We run magnacote thru our QMDI and our ryobi's all the time. Watch your pressure and it should run fine. We generally run 12x18 sheets. Listen closely as you are running it. Once in awhile one might miss a gripper and stick to the back cylinder. We very rarely have that happen but when it does you will definitely hear the difference. As far as quality, 1,2 or 4 color looks great.

are any modifications needed before running it? how can it possibly not stick tot he back cylinders yet will stick on a fridge?

we have run it through our SM52 and GTO. Because of the way the poles in a magnet work you need to make sure it is trimmed before you print it otherwise it wont jog correctly. It is very heavy so you need to run your lifts smaller then normal. Maybe only 3 inch lifts at a time. It prints like a regular coated sheet. If you can get it to feed you should not have any problems with it. We have only ran the 13 point but there is a 17 pt thick stock as well.

do a search on youtube for magnecoat. Ive seen a step by step video on whats required to get magnecote through a sheetfed press. If memory serves me correct the demo was done on a komori

I was under the impression that either heat (like digital printing...) or impact (like printing on a sheetfed press...) can diminish a magnet's strength. I wonder how they got around that?

Thanks for the info everyone. RGWP how well does it dry on full col work? if we are to Run it, it will be printed on a Four col Press no seal/coating or Dry just Spray

It is a regular coated sheet like Flo or Productolith. It should dry fine for you. Just keep in mind the weight is a problem so dont let your lifts get too big. Maybe kick your sprayer up to about double what you would normally run a coated sheet

Non Magnetized magnecote

Non Magnetized magnecote

I have found that on our Indigo or Heidelberg the non magnetized sheet runs (in small lifts) without problem. We then magnetize after printing but before cutting to finished size.

If you don't cut it down with the North South poles facing the Lead and Trail Edge then that magnet will work against itself and not feed right. Try dragging the sheets across each other going east and west and the sheet will want to skip. You'll see what I'm talking about. As far as drying that went well for us

Rj litho

Rj litho

Yes we have run magnicote on our 40 inch presses with no problem . You can use your normal process ink because the top sheet is sterling coated text . One thing you have to do when you put a lift in the feeder you must put in a complete lift in so the charge stays the same on the top and bottom lift . The instructions that come with the stock will explain it better. Runs like any other job .

RJ:)

MagneCote

MagneCote

I am sorry to hear that your supplier of MagneCote or magnetic product is not able to help you by giving you details how to print it. We are an authorize dealer in Canada and we are also a certified printer for MagneCote. If you require assistance please feel free to contact us and we will give you printing tips.

If MagneCote is not the right product for your digital press we also have a different technologie so you could print magnet with your digital press. Please contact us for samples.

Simple Signman Aimants Canada or 1 800 361-3632 x 246 ask for Hugo

We tried unsuccessfully to feed Magnecote on 2 of our 40" presses with stream feeders. Both presses were UV presses and the sheets that would print before the sheets stopped feeding printed great. We followed the directions supplied with the stock but decided we did not wish to run that stock on our machines due to the difficulties we encountered.

Another way of having a magnetic printed piece is to laminate magnet material after printing. Slow and labor intensive but works better in my opinion.

Either option works well with guillotine or die cutting.

Please give me a call I have a solution that you could print on Magnet without laminating your print on a magnet. A lot less of labor. Phone 800 361-3632 x246 or email [email protected]

I could also send samples. Regards, Hugo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back