B&W printing: KM bizhub pro 950 VS. Canon 8105

fierey

Looking at these two for an output of around 150k b&w a month
Image quality is not as important as keeping them up and running
Which one can keep going with the least amount of service calls?
Any input is appreciated - thanks!

We have an Océ 4120 for B&W and it's worth every cent. The black is beautiful, the solids are just like offset. It runs and runs. I hear it doesn't work great with coated stock but we have never run coated stock on it. We us an Océ CS655pro for all our color.

We're running black and white, booklets, flyers, you name it, on a KM bizhub 1050 and it works great. It's user friendly and needs little service. Static is a big problem where I am, but with a new, big humidifier installed, it runs nonstop now.

I'm currently trying to decide between a KM bizhub press C6000 and a Canon imagerunner advance C9075 or 9065 pro. Seems there are definite Canon people and KM people, so I'm getting feedback for both equally. So I might just decide based on the Micropress system, since we're keeping our color KM bizhub C500 for backup.

Good luck,
Cathie

I have a KM920, and wish I never bought it. Since day 1 it has had problems feeding, jamming, finishing, you name it. Not to mention the dumbest design ever: you either need to know the technicians code to enter tech-rep mode, or place a service call to change paper size in the LCT. Like I have time to wait on a service call when I want to switch from 8.5 x 11 to 11 x 17.

I don't know if they addressed any of my woes with the 950, but I would stay away. If you want to stick with Konica, get the 1051. That's a production machine!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back