Brisque Tiger II error....Help and stuff !!!

Nietzsche

Hello there!

First of all, sorry about my English and thank you for your time reading my message.

Recently i had a network problem on Brisque Tiger II. I thought it was a problem with the network pci card "et1", and tryed to install a Serial Internet Network Interface on the serial network port "sl0", but i didn't work, so i removed the "sl0" from the smit aplication and from the Serial Port. I've reconfigured the original network from the smit aplication loged as root, erased all hosts and insert the correct hosts for the host list.

Now i have this problem:

When i start the machine, everything goes perfect until the login part... at that part i receive 3 equal messages:

"lpd fatal error 0781-198 unable to name socket
lpd: errno=67 socket name is already in use"

If i press enter, the login appears. But then, when the desktop aplication start, i receive a message with a button to logout that doesn't let me continue, and says i have a problem that can be corrected on the "/.../hosts" or with the "smit mktcpip" command...

to work i have to make (*step1):
-After logout, i log as root,
-In the command line, in the "smit mktcpip" i start again all the network interfaces (but they were already up :( ),
-logout root and login cdesci to start again the application...
After this, it works perfectly... :confused:

But when i shutdown or reboot the machine, the problem starts over again :(

I did the diag (diagnostics tool) and it detected a problem in "ty0" 01-s1 (satandard serial port adapter), (i dont know if it has anything to do with my problem), i tried to install and remove again the Serial Internet Network interface from there again (but it didn't solve)...i don't know if it's related with the problem ...

I searched for the error in:
IBM - Frequent Print Error Messages

and it says:

"0781-198

* lpd fatal error 0781-198 unable to name socket
* lpd: errno=67 socket name is already is use
* Found line in rc files: /usr/spool/lps/adm/lps.rc start. This was added by the easy spooler. You can't run both at the same time. Start the lps.rc.start file later manually. The order of start matters. "

but it doesn't help, because there is no such directory after spool and i couldn't find the lps.rc file as it says :confused:
Can't find anything more about the problem...

I checked the hostname, the hostname list, the Atalk protocol in et1 and the TCPIP configurations, and it's all correct... i can Ping to the network and to LOTEM400...

why does it only work after i make (*step 1)?

I'm out of ideas...

Any idea, please?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards

Last edited:
it looks like your ethershare host configurations are mixed. can you send ping from any network computers to the brisque. if yes, give me a teamviewer connestion from that computer and i try to fix it remotely.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back