ComColor skipping a beat?

Tradidi

I have a slight issue with my Riso ComColor 7150, in that it sometimes seems to shift one pixel left/right. which makes a line of text look out of shape, almost italic. See the attached image. If you look at the "t" in "erat" in the bottom half picture, you'll clearly see the issue happening. It looks like the bottom half of the line is shifted to the left by one pixel.

Has anyone else noticed this with their ComColor? Any suggestions as to what causes this (mechanical jerk, software glitch, blocked/slow nozzle, .. ) and how to fix this?

pixel-jump.png

If your lead edge of the paper is the side that your arrows point to (or the opposite edge), my guess is that is where two print heads are "stitched" together. Unless your machine uses a single full width print head, at which point you could disregard this. I would look into if there's any type of alignment possible - either mechanically or electronically. Hopefully it's not a limitation of the machine (i.e. within spec).

7150 would not be stitched. my guess is the lead edge is parallel to the text and the sheet isn't perfectly flat. it's a sign the sheet stick or slips as it moves through the printer, If its consistent in placement from sheet to sheet set for a thicker paper.

The problem seems to be intermittent, which makes it a bit harder to test, but I will see if I can find more clues. In the example in the OP the paper was travelling horizontally.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back