Connecting Xerox 700i HELP!

adjoto

I have a xerox 700i with integrated fiery server already assembled, 2 windows 7 PC. I connected the xerox to a PC and test print works fine. CWS keeps hanging and i cant load files for print. I need help with proper installation guide. I just bought a cisco small business unmanaged switch. Do i need to change the OS on the PC to a sever OS? i need direction for proper set up please and all i need for proper setup.

Thank you for the help.

Do you have the proper I.P. address put in Command Workstation for the 700i? You should not need a server OS. On our J75, I go to the machine status tab and in there it has the machines i.p. address. I would imagine it is somewhat similar for the 700i.

yes. CWS even auto detects it. Can you tell me your physical connection to the machine? Switch,PC and OS, Xerox and co

Well the I.P. address from our Fiery to our J75 is 100.100.100.102

What version of Command workstation are you running? Maybe there is a compatibility issue.

I have tried both 5.2 and the new 5.6. That's why I can get someone's connection to be sure all is right. 1 Pc and xerox700i go into the same Cisco unmanaged switch and that's it? After installing drivers that is. No print server or anything else need and windows 7 is ok?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back