Considering a Xerox Phaser 7800

eiton

I work in the marketing department for my company and we're moving to a new location meaning we're in a position to buy some new equipment.

Currently, we outsource the vast majority of our jobs to a couple different local printers but we're thinking of trying to do some of the work ourselves. The vast majority of what we do is either double sided 8.5x11's on roughly 100lb gloss cover stock or trifolds on 100lb gloss text.

I'm trying to pitch some ideas on printing solutions for us and the phaser 7800 seems like a pretty reasonable option. It's fairly cheap and on paper it sounds like it would print on most different kinds of paper we'd reasonably throw at it. With the addition of a cheap electric paper cutter and a folder, the bulk of our basic needs would be met.

Our monthly usage would be pretty low. I'm guessing a few thousand impressions at best so a full on production machine would probably be overkill and there'd be some space issues.

Are these things pretty decent with their color output? (Being able to match a pantone mainly.)

Anyone have experience using a 7800 for business cards?

You didn't ask but I would advise you to look at the operational cost of the Xerox 7800. I know several users of the previous generation version (7760) and the cost of toner and drums was so high that they went back to outsourcing as a cheaper alternative.

I had read a little bit in the way of complaints of toner costs for it. We were hoping to get a lease and some sort of service contract on it which I'm hoping would keep the price reasonable. We'd be getting a cheap little MFP for general office use as well so that should help out a bit in the deal making.

Our volume being so low in general, I imagine as long as the lease rates look good on paper the deal will get approved.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back