CopyDot Data to nexus

M@CK

Greetings all,

I have a Question for you Nexus users out there. I have some old labels that were CopyDot Scanned way back in the days. The customer decided to change printer and asked me to forward the labels. The new Printer runs Nexus 8.6 and I run Prinergy and I have CopyDot ToolKit from Creo so I can edit the file at will.
What is the best format I can supply this CopyDot artwork ?
We have already tried PDF containing the Screened information and 1 Bitt tiff.
The technical staff at this location tells me they cant impose the PDF and cant use the 1 bitt tiff !?!?!?!?!?!?
Can it be a compression Problem ? I used G4.

The available formats in CTK are Tiff, Postscript EPS, LW, Tiff/IT LW, PDF and NLW

Thanks for the advice.
M@CK

Re: CopyDot Data to nexus

What do they say they can use? I have Nexus and they should be able to impose PDF either by directly imposing the PDF or by running it through Nexus to creat CT/LW and low res EPS link file. They should also be able to use one bit tiff or Tiff/It but they may not have the license for the Tiff/It. Best thing you can do is to ask them what they do want.

They want native file ....
Layered Illustrator or Editable PDF ....
The PDF in question in my prior post was just a container for the 1 bit tiff.
The System Administrator told me when he imported the PDF file they seamed squashed or for the 1 bit tiff seamed to have a moire problem. I have filmed, plated and printed (Epson and Press) many times before with no issue whatsoever.

Thanks for the help Joe
Regards
M@CK

The resolutions are probably incorrect for their output device. Ex. Many film setters output at 2540, but our plate setter outputs at 2400. This has caused issues with Copy dot scans for us in the past. If you can create 1-bits with the proper settings for their output device it may clear up the problem....

We get stuff copy dot scanned from time to time. The best that we have found is that if the printer you are supplying the files to has Artpro, you can send them a DCS file, they can then place this in Artpro and go from there. If they don't and they just us a Nexus rip, then they should be able to take a EPS format and either rip directly or place into Indesign or other and output to their rip.

Good luck,
Dub

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back