Digital Printer for an art school

AcA

Hi everyone!

We're currently looking to replace some of our machines in a small art school.
As we're meeting with various sales representatives, I wanted to get some external opinions and I thought I was in the perfect place!

Do you have recommendations for a printer that would:
  • SRA3 / 250-300g/m2 paper
  • A focus on print quality as our volume isn't that high (we're a really small school)
  • booklet folding
  • stapling
  • Integration in an hybrid IT infrastructure (mac computers, windows server)
  • Adaptation in a teaching environment with untrained users
In our area, we have access to Xerox, Canon and Ricoh resellers that seems to have a good coverage.
Do you have a specific brand you would recommend?

Thanks a lot for your inputs, as I feel you guys have a lot of experience to share compared to my limited knowledge :)
Have a nice day!

You obviously have some specific images you'd be printing so I'd suggest putting together a portfolio of these and the stock you'd like to use and send to each for sample prints. Otherwise you'll probably just be shown generic commercial material.

I'd also be overestimating your possible volume to try and attract a better click charge.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back