Envelopes on KM C6000

jeremyd

Is there anyway to print envelopes on the C6000? We got ours today but it creases the envelopes. We are running them with the flap open and the setting to 300gsm.

I have never had any real luck trying to pull this off.....it's hit and miss at best.....you can try making several adjustments to the equipment...but that is far too time consuming.

This is correct. While the Konica will run envelopes but creasing is always an issue.

There are dedicated machines for on demand envelopes available these days. Proper feeders, RIP driven.

I can make anything feed envelopes....quality consistency and creasing is another matter....lol
if your demand is that hi.....print the stock and fold it into an envelope after it"s printed.

every printer with a color copier has dreamed of this one....they always want what the machine wont do....LOL

There are two ways to achieve running envelopes.

***But before we go into that, let me say that running envelopes on a machine that is not intended to specifically run them...will put a lot of wear and tear on the machine. If you have a service contract that gives you free parts,supplies and service...then you wont be that bad off. If you dont have a contract, I would really suggest against it!

(1) the first way , I find to be the easiest. You will need to unfold the flap on all your envelopes. Make sure when you are unfolding the flap, that you get them very flat. You may need to even fold the flap backwards once to counter act the fold. You will then be able to load them in horizontally, with the bottom of the long edge loaded in.
This way they will not crease. But you will wind up with a few crooked envelopes , usually off by about 2-4 mm. If you load in a stack of 24-35 I would guess you would get about 3 crooked ones.

(2) the 2nd way , you will get all straight envelopes. But it is much harder to do. You will need a 2nd fuser that is only for envelopes. Depending on the machine konica,xerox canon....it will be a little different on all of them. But, basically you will need to a just the rollers on the fuser so that there is more room for the envelope to pass through. There are usually springs and two top screws holding that top roller down. You need less pressure. Once you are able to locate the actual area that is providing the pressure, you will need to back it off. Each machine is different. It may be between .0250 of a millimeter to a full millimeter. A justing your fuser is hard and I can tell you, I trashed two fusers just figuring it out.

A dedicated envelope machine is best in the long run. If you have the money. Xante provided the easiest to use and good quality. But the machine is costly to run as far as supplies. I am not sure about the lifetime either. Some options proven options are PSI and OKIDATA.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email. Any time that we are not busy with our own customers...I am happy to help other PrintPlanet members.
Thanks,
Red Line Design and Printing Las Vegas, Same Day Printing, redlinelv.com
Red Line Design And Printing

I think 300gsm setting is rather high - I would imagine that machine slows down as weight of the paper goes higher, as it slows down it takes it's time to crease the envelope. You should set machine to lower gsm step by step as long as toner is fused - it should be enough don't just burn it - cook it :), that's #1, as for #2 - it is pressure in the fuser that does a creasing, older b/w HP laserjets had a lever that user would've flipped up to run envelopes which decreased the fuser rollers squeeze, You can do the same but this will turn your machine in to Envelope printer and may (most likely will) affect printing on flat media but if you absolutely must - have a tech decrease fuser pressure to the point where toner is fused and creasing is less noticeable... I am not familiar with design of your machine but if, say, fuser is easy to change yo can get 1 fuser optimized for envelopes and other for regular printing, swap'em when you need to.

As far as lifespan of OKI / Xantes - I see them with 1.5 million and over all the time, we have one with 1.6 for minor repair....
Always have OKI for sale if anybody interested in one.

I wanted to comment on what, in my opinion may be some mis-information I read in this post....if you have a service agreement that includes parts....dont fool yourself into thinking the service provider is going to pay for all the parts that you will destroy trying to run envelopes....I have seen this first hand....the customer is in court....and the machine is collecting dust in the warehouse.

unless your a technician.....this is a total waste of time.....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back