Fingerprints on plates

I've been getting fingerprints on my plates. They only show up on the black. I've read in other posts that maybe when I'm handling them, (obviously). It may be because of some chemical or moisturizer on my hands. It's just on the black and not on the others. I don't know if it's before I put them in the carriage or when I put them on the rack after processing. Any thoughts?

I've been getting fingerprints on my plates. They only show up on the black. I've read in other posts that maybe when I'm handling them, (obviously). It may be because of some chemical or moisturizer on my hands. It's just on the black and not on the others. I don't know if it's before I put them in the carriage or when I put them on the rack after processing. Any thoughts?

Get a pair if cotton or latex gloves and wear them when handling the plates. If the problem disappears then you are the cause. If they don't then your plate supplier is the problem.

I had that problem shortly after switching to a thermal plate. What fixed it for me was to increase the amount of finisher being applied to the plate in the plate processor.

pd

We too have had the same problem...Fingermarks inking up.
Ours was the finisher in the plate processor.
Check the amount being applied, it is drying properly, it is diluted correctly (even if it is to be used neat, it may need a little thinning) or does it need replacing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back