Fogra Mediawedge - gloss paper?

Chief_1975

Hi All,

We had printer come back to us to say they can't use the mediawedge on our supplied digital proof (Epson GMG) because it is on Gloss paper?. We use gloss paper as our customers prefer the gloss finish as this is closer to the printed item which has a gloss finish but the printer is telling us we should be using semi matt.

As far as I know all the GMG stock papers are Fogra certified so I don't understand what the problem is? I would be interested to hear other people opinions on this, thanks

Is the printer basing this decision on a certification program (SWOP/Gracol/Fogra proofing system certification) that uses semi-matte paper, or based on their own preference? Either way, if the gloss paper is a fair representation of the final printing stock's finish, and the Media Wedge is measuring within tolerance, than I think they're are being unreasonable.

Thought I would resurrect this post rather than starting new thread.

Is the Fogra CMYK MediaWedge only valid for digital proofs that are printed using profiles based on the printing conditions of ISO 124647 standard ?

Or putting it another way is it of any use on digital proofs using bespoke mx4 profiles ?

Thanks

Chief

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back