Fuji platesetter/processor proprietary???

xpedxfitz

Can anyone address whether this is a true statement? A printer has a Fuji Luxel 6000 violet platesetter and companion processor. "Fuji has the printer locked in as their processor has a communication link to the platesetter handling speeds, temp, etc that no one else can change. Fuji has an agreement with the processor manufacturer to have it available only to Fuji." In this scenario, the printer is locked in to purchasing only Fuji plates. Is this really true, or am I missing something?

This reminds me of the luxsetter we once installed, had the AP560 processor attached routing all signals through RS232 into the setter, proprietary arrangement allright. Even the processing params were set through the setter's floppy disk drive.

Can anyone address whether this is a true statement? A printer has a Fuji Luxel 6000 violet platesetter and companion processor. "Fuji has the printer locked in as their processor has a communication link to the platesetter handling speeds, temp, etc that no one else can change. Fuji has an agreement with the processor manufacturer to have it available only to Fuji." In this scenario, the printer is locked in to purchasing only Fuji plates. Is this really true, or am I missing something?

I know that Heights processors which I am guessing this might be have engineering mode where such settings including interface mode is set. Have you tried logging in on this with the default engineering code?
I can say I know I diddly squat about FUJI CTP devices, but for other devices communicating with the Heights processors the serial link is usually just for a ready signal to unload and change thickness values

"Fuji has the printer locked in as their processor has a communication link to the platesetter handling speeds, temp, etc that no one else can change.
If it's a Heights machine, critical parameters would be password protected indeed but this password scheme itself is not reserved for Fuji. Heights sells processors as OEM as well as own brand, same machine different label.

Fuji has an agreement with the processor manufacturer to have it available only to Fuji." In this scenario, the printer is locked in to purchasing only Fuji plates.
If you're talking about a Heights machine, absolutely untrue. As a side note Heights processors can be reconfigured to accept other brand of plates - one has to change some parameters and there usually are hardware modfications as well i.e. dev brush type, rinse section modifications, different replenishment system a.s.o. So there are costs involved for such conversion kits depending on plate type. Once again, if you're talking about a Heights machine, why doesn't your friend contact Heights directly to learn the truth.

I was a Fuji technician and was recently let go. I can tell you Yes this is propriatary but the FLP850 and Saber can be driven seperatly from a couple keystrokes and set manually. I am fully trained on both and have full knowledge. Email me and I can be of assistance

OEM, Know your rights!

OEM, Know your rights!

Printers have been subjected to this kind of $#!+ for years, simply email me and I will send you a PDF explaining your rights to use non-OEM consumables. It's the LAW!

I was a Fuji technician and was recently let go. I can tell you Yes this is propriatary but the FLP850 and Saber can be driven seperatly from a couple keystrokes and set manually. I am fully trained on both and have full knowledge. Email me and I can be of assistance
Hi this is JM from digital prints. The processor board FLP850 which we have on the machine is not working. Please advice how to solve or we have to change the plate? Where can I buy in competitive price.

JM
[email protected]

I am facing some dificulties in Heights Processor FLP1260 MK2. it is wroking fine with fuji Plate but when I want to use IBF or other plate it give error message as "INTERLEAF DETECTED"

Can any one guide me in this issue.

I am facing some dificulties in Heights Processor FLP1260 MK2. it is wroking fine with fuji Plate but when I want to use IBF or other plate it give error message as "INTERLEAF DETECTED"

Can any one guide me in this issue.

Two key questions : what platesetter do you have ? Is the platesetter connected online with the FLP machine or do you load the plates manually in the processor ?

I don't think the processor is too smart to recognize slip sheet (interleaf) presence, but if YES:
The message came from the platesetter or the processor and that device has to be recalibrated, I mean opto-sensor which reads the amount of light reflected from plates and interleaves.
Sensor's sensitivity needs some readjustment.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact these FLP's are usually fitted with IR interleaf detectors, the corresponding green box amplifiers should be adjusted according to the plate/paper being used. That is because sjunaid referred specifically to the FLP as the problem.

Get ahold of your IBF rep. I know that they work with independent tech companies to help service their customers.

Two key questions : what platesetter do you have ? Is the platesetter connected online with the FLP machine or do you load the plates manually in the processor ?
Hi Dear,
Thanks for reply, the Platesetter is Fujifilm Luxel V8 and it is connected with online processor.

Regards
Syed

... in which case it's not the FLP processor you must take care of, the main problem is the platesetter plate transport module that needs to be readjusted - feeder head, retard system and sensors. It's quite complicated believe me, this piece of machinery is overengineered to say the least. Almost 60 sensors in that area and an utterly complicated plate handling system.
Luxels seem to be designed to work with Fuji plates only. If you ask your local Fuji service provider to readjust the machine they most probably won't do it. Fuji wants you to believe you have bought a ctp which works with one specific type of plate, their plate. Talk to third party providers and look for an engineer to solve your problem, it's doable.

dear Sir,
we buy and sell used prepress equipment (CTP and CTF). We have in stock :
- USED CTP FUJI V6 YEAR 2005
PLATES : 20 000
WITH PROCESSOR GLUNZ
WITH PC RIP CELEBRANT (TIFF 1 BIT) VERSION 5.3
WITH STACKER
WITH FILTRATION PAT
Don't hesitate to contact me for futhur information by email :
[email protected]
with best regards
helene

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back