Fuji will be demoing a B2 Irridesse/Revoria

I’ve never understood why this hasn’t been done on a dry toner production machine before. Perhaps I’m being over simplistic in thinking the R&D would be minimal, as everything would just be upscaled?

I’ve never understood why this hasn’t been done on a dry toner production machine before. Perhaps I’m being over simplistic in thinking the R&D would be minimal, as everything would just be upscaled?
Speculation: heat management may be a challenge- both maintaining even heat and not distorting the media with too much heat.

Can't imagine how big the fuser is for something like this. Kudos to Xerox/Fuji for trying it, but I'm skeptical on how well it can keep the color and registration consistent on a sheet that large. Would still be cool to see though.

Back in the 90's, I was running a small shop with A3 size small offset presses, Oce black & white copiers and a Canon CLC. We would occasionally get jobs in for A2 size copies, we subbed these out to a local place that had an A2 size black & white toner based machine, it was huge, I never saw another one anywhere else, but they did exist.

Does anyone know if this will be a live machine or is the "sneak peak" just a concept video? Which we can all see free in a month. I wasn't going but I may now to see this machine.

A machine is physically present, but they don't have samples. The plan is to take pre-orders for the first few deliveries in North America, which will be in 2024. Pricing is under NDA, but should be "competitive", so I'd guess 1.5-2million if the competition is the KM1. The 12500 will support 6 toner stations.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Captusdsdre.JPG
    Captusdsdre.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Capturesdsas.JPG
    Capturesdsas.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 136
I like the stack coming off the press. It explains how the fuser gets hot enough to work properly on a large sheet size, it must be gas or wood fired. :)

Anyone want to share their in-person opinion?
Looks good in person and I think it has a lot of potential. HOWEVER, the fact that they are building a support team up from scratch and that this is a very new piece of equipment with new imaging tech and paper path would give me pause on pulling the trigger. I'd compare it holistically (ie, support team quality, parts availability, financing being friendly, contract SLA, easy to training on, review the RIP for bugs, etc) vs more mature peer offerings like an Indigo, KM1, iGen, Z1, etc.

If you are in the photo industry, print photobooks, and photographs - the Fuji 1120 is a great option. This machine has its controller, which comes with Color Enhancement software, which automatically does color correction of photographs. Just print any photobook on any other press, then print it on Fuji 1120. Make sure fluorescent pink will be used. Colors are excellent. I am not sure how much better or lower quality you will get from Xerox Iridesse. Without color enhancement, I think it can be similar.

If you are in the photo industry, print photobooks, and photographs - the Fuji 1120 is a great option. This machine has its controller, which comes with Color Enhancement software, which automatically does color correction of photographs. Just print any photobook on any other press, then print it on Fuji 1120. Make sure fluorescent pink will be used. Colors are excellent. I am not sure how much better or lower quality you will get from Xerox Iridesse. Without color enhancement, I think it can be similar.

It would be interesting to compare the corrected photo output to competing photolab equipment like 12 color inkjet fine art printers and HP Indigos.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back