fujifilm Revoria Press ec1100

just recently i came to know that fujifilm is offering this mid level production printer in market. EC 1100, hundred ppm machine / 60 mil. a4 life cycle / special rgb to cmyk AI module / suction feeder with long banner feed options.
the details sales guy told me on phone was very impressive, engine weight is 723 kgs., looks like a robust build, but the catch is service and click rates.
the machine is offered only through dealer and click rates are for service and spares only, toner one will have to buy separately.
a new formula for digital prints i guess, i have asked the sales person to bring some sample prints and then i will see machine.
Not much info is available on internet yet about machine.
please share if someone knows more.
Thanks

Basically part of the Xerox Printer Catalog was made by Fujifilm.
A few years ago Fujifilm tried and failed to buy Xerox. In the aftermath they decided to part ways. More here: Fujifilm To End 58-Year-Old Xerox Joint Venture In March 2021 | CRN
The current offering of both Xerox and Fujifilm are still similar machines. So, the FujifilmEC1100 is the same as a Xerox Versant 4100. Maybe some software differences, but hard to tell which would be best.

Basically part of the Xerox Printer Catalog was made by Fujifilm.
A few years ago Fujifilm tried and failed to buy Xerox. In the aftermath they decided to part ways. More here: Fujifilm To End 58-Year-Old Xerox Joint Venture In March 2021 | CRN
The current offering of both Xerox and Fujifilm are still similar machines. So, the FujifilmEC1100 is the same as a Xerox Versant 4100. Maybe some software differences, but hard to tell which would be best.
Yes initially it looked like same to me, but then then the additional AI for photo lab application and finest toner particles fujifilm is talking about with gloss finish enhancements for photos made me think they have taken a level up when making maxhines for themselves, rest i will check soon with demo machine how good it is

The 4100 and 1100 machines ahave similarities I heard a sales engineer joke: "Subtract 3000 from 4100." There are some improvments in the Fuji machine such as suction feed. Plus the AI buzzword. For photolabs there will be possible improvement. I think the 1100 is ways off - Fuji hasn't finished the rollout of the bigger 6 toner machine yet.

yes, talked with sales person again, its the same machine but the life cycle is 60 million now and click rate is without toner. thats it, everything else remains same, sold through dealer channel, service through dealer, fuji is not directly involved in service channel, 38 revoria a.k.a. irredese sold in past year here in india, fuji has also introduced apeospro series of production machine, fuji eyeing on xerox business in india, xerox will soon be out from here, i can see. but i never liked xerox machines because of value proportions, so i will prefer to stay away from fuji also

fujifilm is talking about with gloss finish enhancements for photos
Is this from a sales agent talking or is it documented information provided by Fuji? I'm curious as to how Fuji is going about enhancing the gloss level, new toner or modified fuser area?

this is from sales agent, but fuji is definitely pushing this device more into photo lab segmant as in all advertisements and exhibitions its photo enhancement via AI is being covered extensively

I don't know, a quick google of videos and their webpages seems to have very little mention of "photo" or "gloss".

Looks like the same production press spiel you see from any manufacturer/press.

There is a 2 second mention of the photo AI in their main promo video. Which I'd say is just a new version of the Image Enhancer we have on our current V80. Works in some cases but generally throws weird results and rarely used.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back