Fusion Pro rule I need help on

kleland

Hi all,

I didn't get any help on the Fusion Pro forum, so I'll try here.

I have a coupon running 7-out on a sheet. I'm using Fusion Pro for my VDP. The data file has a million random numbers in one column (one data stream) which my employer does not want to manipulate.

The template for 7-out coupons cannot be created in FP Imposer due to rotated, irregular pages on one sheet. So I need to be able to start the data flow from different text boxes on the layout. In other words, coupon 1 on the sheet will have records 1-100,000, coupon 2 would have records 100,001-200,000, etc.

Any ideas on how to write this rule, or if it's even possible in Fusion Pro?

Thanks!

I know you don't want to manipulate the data, but my pea of a brain would make 7 columns of data, and column 1 would feed coupon 1. Column 2 would feed coupon 2, etc.

Yes, of course, but...

Yes, of course, but...

Yeah, I know that will work. But the problem is that my superiors DO NOT want to mess with the data because we have up to 12 million records in the files. So they are making life difficult for me. What's new, right.

I have dealt with items similar to this for mailings but not using Fusion Pro, but the solutions can be the same. I know of two options for you. Provided what you are doing meets the following example:

Example: 7,000 records Coupon position 1 would be from 1 to 1,000; coupon position 2 would be from 1,001 to 2,000; coupon position 3 would be from 2,001 to 3,000; etc.

1.) We have a piece of software which allows us to convert a straight file into an North/South file. Meaning if you have 7 out with 7,000 records, the first 7 records output would be 1, 1007, 2007, 3007, 4007, 5007, 6007. This would allow you to create one coupon and then create an imposition for 7 out without having to try and do the N-up that step 2 has. NOTE: Step 2 will most likely be time consuming for the software to do N up

2.) I am sure Fusion Pro has the ability to program 1 coupon and then give you the option to step multiple up and in the same area should be an option for N-up. This is where you specify 7 out. The option might be called Cut and Stack. If you are forced to specify a value for the height of cut and stack. I would divide the total number of records by 7 and if the number is not a whole number round up. IE 15 divided by 7 is 2.14... use 3 instead of 2

Thanks!

Thanks!

Unfortunately Fusion Pro will not create a dutch-cut imposition which I need for this job (some pages are rotated). But I am looking into other software. Thanks for the tip!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back