galileo vs -- 0048 0049 errors on boot

drinkings

Hello, all
do anybody remember what the encoder revealing with error message:
"...X4 encoder test error..."
Errors are 0048 and 0049.
While booting, after picker's initializing, carriage moved some small distance and stopped with message.
I was thinking that was follower encoder, but now I have some doubts.......
I would greatly appreciate any help........................

Hello, all
do anybody remember what the encoder revealing with error message:
"...X4 encoder test error..."
Errors are 0048 and 0049.
While booting, after picker's initializing, carriage moved some small distance and stopped with message.
I was thinking that was follower encoder, but now I have some doubts.......
I would greatly appreciate any help........................

Obviously, It sounds like Carriage encoder or carriage bearing issue which have tobe looked into, but I have noticed this error when the Flat Cable connector to carriage wasn't tight firmly. The third possibility could be the DEC board.

Why do not you start with moving the carriage manually and making sure it moves freely then if 2 carriage bearings aren't noisy . Cleaning the carriage rail and making sure the flat Cable is connected firmly are the next steps to take.. Further move on to carriage encoder cleaning and replacement. At last the Dec board replacement has to be considered.

Hope this will help!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back