Gluing sheets on top of each other

NicolasD

I m trying to glue sheets on top of each other to make thicker business cards. We are facing a problem, it curves quite a bit.
We are gluing the sheets of paper in opposite grain direction and also we are applying pressure during drying for 24h.
We use regular water based white glue.

Any advice ?

Have you tried PSA mounting adhesive or if you have the equipment for dry mounting.

Last edited:
Thanks DYP. I am not very familiar with both methods. PSA mounting is like a double sided adhesive ? It's a solution but would take quite some time. What is the dry mounting ?

While we do not do it in house, we send jobs like that "paper to paper" laminating to a place in LA (can't remember the name, I'm at home now) but you need to find a place like this.

http://www.sierracoating.com/laminating-services

or find the machinery to do the same job . . . the little bit that we do for point of sale displays makes it more cost effective to send it out . . . but it's out there just have to figure it out will follow up with the name of the place tomorrow..

We tried this by applying a 2-sided adhesive film, fixed the issue of wrinkled media after applying wet glue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back