GMG Spot Color Editor

jbarrie

I created some special spot color definitions within the GMG spot color editor (GOE inks) and added them into the current library. The problem is when we use them they only show up if the Spot color is at 100%, any other percentage and nothing images. I'm not sure what I have done incorrect. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

The problem is when we use them they only show up if the Spot color is at 100%, any other percentage and nothing images. I'm not sure what I have done incorrect. Any ideas?

Try deleting the 50% fulcrum. When you create a spot color, you get 3 fulcrums...0%, 50% and 100% , but without defining that target Lab values for 50%, you are essentially mapping the 50% tint as "0%". once you delete the 50% fulcrum, or define it's target Lab values, you should get the results you expect.

I created some special spot color definitions within the GMG spot color editor (GOE inks) and added them into the current library. The problem is when we use them they only show up if the Spot color is at 100%, any other percentage and nothing images. I'm not sure what I have done incorrect. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Jeff, I don't have GMG but I'd like to try something. Can you send me a page of the document and a brief explanation of what you're trying to do? I want to see if something works.

Meddington

Thanks for the advice, you were close to the solution. When I created the spot color, only the 100% fulcrum had a value, the 50% fulcrum was set to 0. The solution was to add 1/2 the spot color value into the 50% location.

thanks,
Jeff

Meddington

Thanks for the advice, you were close to the solution. When I created the spot color, only the 100% fulcrum had a value, the 50% fulcrum was set to 0. The solution was to add 1/2 the spot color value into the 50% location.

Meddington wasn't "close" to the solution, he gave you the exact solution. My advice would be to DELETE the 50% fulcrum like Mike suggested rather than entering a fake value at 50% unless you know specifically what the L*a*b* target should be at 50%. If you're simply taking the 100% CMYK color values and cutting them in half, I doubt this will give you the desired results. Just my 3 deltaE worth.

Terry

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back