Help With Workflow

CBSprinter

Hey guys,

Wondering if y'all could help me streamline my annual label requistion. I send an email to company managers with attached Label Requisition Form asking them to submit their labels needed. On the form, for example, there might be 8 different labels of 1.125" x 1.75" and they may have 40 sheets of 8 different labels for a certain department. I sort them by label size, 1/color, 2/c etc etc. I'll scan them and send to label guy. Any thoughts or excel templates that might make this easier?

CBSprinter, what do you scan to send to the label guy, the requisition form or the label artwork? It was not clear by your wording, I am presuming the requisition form?

You could use Acrobat Pro forms (saved as extended rights for Reader), have them filled/saved/returned to you by your clients using a later version of Acrobat Reader. Then use Acrobat Pro to export the form data from multiple PDF files to CSV, which would be opened into MS Excel or similar. You would then have column headers and the details below.

This form exported form data in .csv could be used for automated generation of artwork using variable data software.

Do you mean that you are not supplying individual files, that you are ganging and stepping up the various artwork for your label guy?

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back