ICC Profiling

Bluefin

I'm new to this forum and looking for some advice/assistance. We have 2 Mimaki 3042 Platform digital printers and are trying to correct some color variation issues. It was recommended to us and I just bought the X-rite color profiling system and having trouble understanding the process. Anybody out there have experience in developing and installing ICC profiling onto Rasterlink rip software??
Thanks in advance for any help in this matter
In over my head,
Bluefin

First, watch the appropriate video tutorials in i1Profiler, which should get you up and running.

I think you may need to take this step by step and or go into specifics in what/where you are having problems.

Stephen Marsh

I highly recommend hiring a professional. The company I work for finally hired someone and it was the best decision we ever made.

I highly recommend hiring a professional. The company I work for finally hired someone and it was the best decision we ever made.

That's not always an option.
Stephen has the right of it. Let us know what steps you are taking and where you are not sure or running into problems and we can help. Color profiling is easier than it was, but still can be difficult to navigate to the uninitiated.

I don't know enough about rasterlink to be specific. Is your question about the whole process or specifically installing your profile in your RIP? Normally to create a profile you will send a job through your system with all management turned off once the system is in a stable state that can be reset (calibration).
Then you can make a profile and either you will optimise to that image or you will "simulate" an output intent using your profile as a "proofing profile".

The x-rite profiling system wont be related to your RIP, the rip should be able to set the basic setting of ink limits for each media, then start the profiling process.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back