In line uv sand feel coating

REYES1377

I know with the proper anilox roll this can be achived on press. My question is for the people doing it. What company has a good one? what size BCM is being used? Any tips and comments are appreciated.

I know with the proper anilox roll this can be achived on press. My question is for the people doing it. What company has a good one? what size BCM is being used? Any tips and comments are appreciated.

I have been making grit type uv coatings for years. We have many different terms such as Thermo puff, Raised, Sandpaper Grit, Profile etc. Primarily for in-line applications on sheetfed presses. Through the years we have been able to fine tune these formulas and the equipment for optimal results. As far as the anilox goes most of our success comes from a 44 to 47 BCM (68.2 to 72.85 CM3/M2). There are other techniques that reduce build up and help with the directional piling of the coating, for instance when you create a spot coating plate (cyrel) we ask that the area to be coated be produced with a 80% screen value in the cyrel. This will allow more coating to be carried and transfered. If you are willing to invest in an anilox for this type of work we would be happy to work with you.

Dan Wartan
Home

Do you need special doctor blades for this type of Grit coating and those large BCM's? I would have thought a normal doctor blade would be ripped to shreds.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back