Is G-7 achievable with uncoated proofing paper on an Epson 9900?

I have an Epson 9900 with a built in Spectro, we are doing g-7 on it with a coated proofing paper. I have an ongoing need to use uncoated paper.

Id actually like to use an 18 pt SBS sheet, but really don't want to go through the proccess if its not going to work.

If the sheet idea will not work Ill try uncoated proofing paper.

Is anyone getting a G-7 proof with uncoated proofing paper or uncoated board on the Epson 9900?

Your SBS does not have an inkjet coating and will almost certainly fail not only to calibrate GRACOL/SWOP-G7 but also to make a proof worth a damn. If you want to proof directly on SBS with control, calibration and quality you'll need to use a Fujifilm FinalProof, Kodak Approval, or Roland Versacamm FlexPack from CGS as the proofer.

I've tried what you're attempting and failed.

Last edited:
I would suggest that you find aqueous coated matte content/imposition proofing media of a light or similar weight.

How exactly are you “doing G7” on an inkjet?

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back