ISO Web Coated vs. F28L vs. F45L

Stephen Marsh

I am hoping for some clarification on ISO Web Coated vs. F28L vs. F45L.

I don't have access to the ISO Web Coated profile to double check the colour.

Can/Should one still use F28? Has F45 replaced F28? Which Fogra condition is "ISO Web Coated" (if "ISO Coated" is F39, what is "ISO Web Coated" F28 or F45)?

I believe that some of the web printing "PSO LC" profiles describe different paper white points ("regular" vs. "yellowish") etc.

Stephen Marsh

Let my try to ask this in a slightly different way:

For ISO Coated v2 ICC, one validates against the F39 characterisation data (if one is not using a F39 profile).

If ISO Web Coated is the ICC, what characterisation data does one use for media wedge verification - F28L or F45L?

Stephen Marsh

I think I saw Fogra make an announcement about their new profiles about a week ago - check their web site for details

The "ISO Coated V2" profile is based on the Fogra 39 data set.

"ISO Coated V2" profile should really have been called "PSO Coated Type 1 V2" or something like that.

The ECI (European Color Initiative) created the "ISO Coated V2" profile but were not actually authorized to use the term "ISO" and they released it without consultation.

The damage was done and these profiles were not withdrawn - their work since then has the prefix "PSO" which stands for Process Standard Offset.

Regards,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back