JDF compatibility

Exprestlac

Hi,

I have Xerox docucolor 242 with internal RIP, and i communicate JDF files to the printer through Fiery JDF connector client.

For the web-to-print solution I need to set only a few of basic priting options such as:
Tray, number of copies, brightness of printing, paper size, paper weight and paper type.

I have created some JDF files through Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended just for try-out. But I have problems with the compatibility. I am able to send the file to print with defined Tray, number of copies, paper size and orientation.

But I have a problem with:
- Paper options (paper size, paper type) I have them set in the JDF file syntax, but the printer ignores them. I tried to set them in Acrobat, JDF connector also directly in the syntax, but the printer ignores the command.

- Printing brightness. I am not able to find a simple command for setting the brightness.

I would like to ask that if there is a problem with the compatibility, and if there is a way how to fix it, or if it is a problem with the syntax of JDF
I have attachet one JDF syntax, that i have been using.

Attachments

• Test JDF.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 194
Hi there! EFI is in the process of setting up a JDF-specific Fiery forum, but right now they have a Fiery JDF blog: Fiery JDF

If the blog doesn't help you solve your problem, send me private message with your location so we can send the right resources to help you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back