KM C7000 vs KM C1070

Londen

Can someone educate me on the differences of these two units? We are looking at a C1070. Much appreciated!

I cant tell you the difference between them, but I will tell you to look at the 6000 or the 1060. On the 6000 specs it is something like 3 pages per minute slower than the 7000 on 11x17 and 12x18. Hardly worth the extra cost and it it EXACTLY the same machine with just a different firmware.

Keep in mind the 7000 and 6000 are out. There may be dealers with some new ones still in inventory (we don't have any) and they will be very anxious to get them sold. You can probably get a better price than the new 1070, but that's all I can see as far as advantage. I do like the color better on the 1070 (I'm a color guy from way back) and it is much tighter on skew and front-to-back registration. We're a dealer (no, I'm not a sales guy), but I usually don't believe anything KM tells us unless I can prove it or disprove it...keeps them on their toes! The biggest advantage to the 1070 (and the soon to be released 1085 and 1100) is the paper feed unit options and more consistent cover weight duplexing. Get the PF-707 air/vac feed unit--was not available on the 6000 or 7000. If you're doing mail you will be very sorry if you get the friction feed unit with two drawers! Good luck and keep 'em honest when they're trying to get you to sign....ask for the stars until they give you the moon.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back