Komori Feeder Problems

ChrisRyobi

We are running a Komori Sprint II 28" and are having problems with feeding mainly 80# Coated Gloss (doesn't matter who the mill is, tried several mills). The forwarding feet seem to be trying to push the sheet forward and it is buckling. This retards the sheet a bit and shuts off the feeder. We have tried several things such as wedges in the sides, trying to force the air out of the blowers up to the the front of the pile. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. It might start right away when we start a new pile or halfway down. We have ionizers on the air lines, so we don't feel it is a static problem. Any help out there would be appreciated.

Do you mean forwarding suckers or forwarding wheels?? If it's buckling as it comes over the roll the forwarding wheels may be to tight. If it's the suckers doing it try more foot air.

Komori Feeder Problems

Thanks for the reply, Reyes.

Sorry, yes it is the forwarding suckers. I will try that when I get into work in the morning.

Hand stack (wind up)a skid of paper and see if you have the same problem! If it clears up my guess would be static, Something you might want to try is letting the paper climatize in the work area providing you have some sort of climate control.

I would say yes it is static with out a doubt. Climatizing the stock will help, winding will help, especially if you spray your loads before and after loading with an anti static spray. Also the foot blast helps. I will say this though, I have been running Komoris for 19 years and have come to firmly believe the the feeder head needs to be rebuilt about every 25 million imps. You can easily do this yourself although the parts are a bit spendy.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back