Konica Minolta C500 v Xerox DC5065

BigSi

Hi, I'm considering buying one of these machines, I realise both are quite old machines. I will not be doing a huge volume, only 1000-2000 per week. I'm trying to get feed back on which is the better machine. Mostley in regards to registration, running solids and colour consistancey on long runs. I realise that neither machine is that great, just a case of which is the worst. The KM is cheaper to buy, but both have almost the same click rate. On paper they have similar specs. Any help is much appreciated.

Please no bias advice. Don't reply if you make your living selling one of these brands.

I think the KM C500 was marketed as the 8050 in some parts of the world, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks Simon.

The 5065 is a office grade machine with a professional front end rip. However It produces inconsistent colour and has very poor registration of more than 2mm on card stock.

Thanks. Yes I have heard it is not much good but is it worse than the Konica C500? . thanks Simon

I have used a c451 before. It is a very good copier for printing documents but cannot be compared to the 5065. the c6500 would be a better comparison. If speed is not a concern, you could explore the possibilty of a used dc1256 or dc 1257 or a canon c1.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back