Lamination for Konica Minolta printers

BB59

I got a question to the konica minolta professionals. We are getting a konica minolta press and are wondering what laminator would work good with it. We also have a konica 601. So the question is do I look for uv laminators, or ones with rolls. Any help is appreciated.

For quick & dirty in-house lamainating we use 3 or 5 mil laminates on a Ledco Educator. For longer runs we outsource to a bindery shop. We've done this for prints from various 6501, 6000, 7000 & 1070 machines.

Thanks. What would you recommend for a laminator that may see medium or high usage a month. We are looking in the range of 2,000 or so. We are wanting to do all the printing and finishing ourselves. Also I heard that there are prints from konica minolta machines that don't adhere well with some laminators. Is that true?

Can't help you there since I'm not familiar with laminators but will say we haven't had any adhesive issues in-house or farmed out. The only issues/rejects we've come across were prints that weren't squared up with the laminate or trim was off.

Look at the superstick films. The adhesive is more aggressive and sticks to the toner better.

Can't help you there since I'm not familiar with laminators but will say we haven't had any adhesive issues in-house or farmed out. The only issues/rejects we've come across were prints that weren't squared up with the laminate or trim was off.

hi full uv with 250 watts will not work for konica prints but thermal laminators would be fine

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back