Max FPOS in folder for preps.

Chazman

Hey Guys,

Here's a question. We can rip a 500 page book and all our FPOs show up fine in the MAC file browser, but when we go to import them into preps, it only allows 470 files or so to show up in the file browsing window. To put the rest in, they have to be transfered to another FPO folder to be recognized.

Why is this?
Can we change the maximum number of FPOS that Preps can see?

We are running Preps 4.2 right now. Is this fixed in later versions? Looking to get an upgrade.

I've included a screen shot of the message that pops up when we browse the FPO folder.

Thanks

Chazman

Attachments

• Max_FPOs.jpg
    Max_FPOs.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
I use 4.2 on a windows box at a client and my issue is that it crashes if you import too many fpos or eps a one time. Never had any problem wqith the # of files as we print manuals that have up 100 (32pg sigs). Is it possibly a naming issue that the name is too long. What OS and where do you store your fpos. I happen to use 2000 server and keep fpos local.

WE store our FPOs on a MAC Server and our Preps on an old MAC OS9 machine.
WE have had the crashing too from time to time so maybe it is a MAC issue not a preps issue.

ALso - you can import as many as you want but when you select ADD FILES you can only see 470 or so.

Last edited:
I can import as many as I want but have do do it in batches of 100-200, any more and it crashes. This is the main reason I use JDF out of preps now, this is the earliest version that supports it , and just register my template to my rampage job. I got really tired of the crashes. The only time I do not use jdf is doing a multi scheme layout, there is no real benefit to me for jdf in this case.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back