Media Profiles for Epson 9800

Jimmunro

I have an Epson 9800 which I love. How do I choose media/paper profiles for media that are not in the list within the windows driver? For example when printing on Matte Vinyl I choose double thick matte from the menu.

What would I choose for a gloss vinyl?

I don't have a RIP all I want to know is how do I choose a paper setting if the particular paper is not in the pull down menu in the driver.

Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions. What would be the advantage of a RIP

too many unknowns....

too many unknowns....

sighhhhh, you got too many unknown, thus there're 2 possibilities:
#1 if you do not go through a software RIP to send data to the printer, you have to print via the printer's driver; and you can do two things :#1 choose the paper type that yield best visual result, for e.g. semigloss photo paper, semimatt photo paper, etc., and beware of those settings that you can choose in EPSON's printer driver #2 you can create an inkjet icc profile via 3rd party software, so that you can color manage using icc profile (this process can either be purchase commercially or find a consultant to help you... not just for this but also future tech support)

#2 if you have a RIP, then you need to do (i) ink limiting linearisation (ii) icc profiling; it's a complicated process beyond average users ability to handle, you need the RIP dealer or an independent consultancy to do that.

#3 your choice of paper on the front panel should be either clear film or any vinyl related name; but make sure your vinyl as proper coating to accept pigment ink to be on it.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back